Holi weekend

I am now in Kolkata. I decided to come to Kolkata in the afternoon post budget presentation. Called up my travel agent and office and was surprised to learn that IC 5 pm flight and also both the Kingfisher flights showed no seats were available and waiting list bookings were not being taken. My travel agent somehow managed a PNR for me in IC264. Called up a friend in Kolkata, who has very good contacts in the civil aviation ministry, and requested him for a seat. His contact informed him that almost all the 20 seats were blocked by MPs travelling to Kolkata from Delhi to attend the Holi weekend after the Budget session.
Thanks to my friend, by the time I reached the airport the seat was booked for me. At the airport lounge I met Sougata Roy and Sudeep Bandhopadhyay. Some other MPs and even Prakash Karat was also there. Sudeep told me that Mamata didi was also flying with us. I have never met Mamata Bannerjee before personally except for once with the Vice-President Bhairon Singh Shekhawat (picture) when he was in Kolkata on a visit. I have very recently communicated with her over mobile a couple of times but never met her. Sudeep introduced me to her at the airport. I was really impressed by her simplicity. She stood in the queue to board the plane. Despite her cabinet minister status she travelled economy class. No wonder her simplicity has made her a leader with mass appeal in recent times.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts