Photo exhibitions - Delhi

Yesterday I almost spent the whole day at the India International Centre (IIC) library and in the evening I went to Lalit Kala Academy to see the photo exhibition of Raghu Rai. His exhibition was on the classical maestros of India and the photos were really impressive. I also saw Kesav Rao’s work on Mahatma Gandhi at the exhibition titled Bapu on Serrated Road. At the Lalit Kala Academy I met many known art lovers of Delhi. Before visiting these two exhibitions I took out some time to visit another photo exhibition at the Columbia Diplomatic Mission at Poorvi Marg. The Columbian ambassador and his wife Soraya are known to me.
In fact, I have very good relations with the missions and diplomats of various Latin American countries. Many of them have been to my house in Kolkata and I too keep meeting them when I am in Delhi. The Latin American countries have their own group in Delhi called GRULAC which means Group of Latin American Countries. I am in regular touch with the Ambassador of Cuba, His Excellency Miguel Angel Ramirez Ramos, who is the present chairman of GRULAC and the Ambassador of Ecuador, His Excellency Carlos Abad, who is the ex-chairman of GRULAC (pictures). We had once toyed with the idea of having a GRULAC single window office in Kolkata to promote art, culture, literature and films between Bengal and Latin America. But the idea is yet to crystallise. I look forward to meet some of the other Latin American diplomats during my stay here in Delhi.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts