All iz well

Yesterday, I once again went down to the hotel lobby to catch up with Arpita, Saheb and few of their local friends. Had coffee and pastries and by the time I was back in my room it was 2:45 am. Returned to Kolkata via Kingfisher with Shantanu Moitra, the music director of All Iz Well fame. I met him in Bangkok and liked him as a person. He is very down to earth and composed person. When I met him I thought he was the one who had directed the music for Antaheen but later I realised that he is the one who was the music director of Parineeta, 3 Idiots and a new phenomena All Iz Well. We had a hearty chat from Bangkok Hotel Hyatt to BKK airport and then on the flight till dropping him at Hyatt Kolkata.
Shantanu is very concerned about the state of Indian folk music and music piracy in general and wants to do something about it. I shared with him my interest. Lets see if we can come together to put up our resources and efforts to do something for music - an area in which I am not even a novice. Shantanu would be delivering lectures and conduct classes at the Satyajit Ray Film Institute and may be I will once again catch up with him again day after tomorrow.
My stay at Hotel Hyatt was good. While having Italian lunch with Sammy Carolus, executive manager of the Hotel, I learnt that Hyatt Hotel Erawan is the only hotel in the city centre in Bangkok that has a roof top helipad service.
Dining at the Breeze Restaurant at the State Towers, Silom Road, was one thing that I missed this time at Bangkok. I had planned a late night dinner on 14th June with few of my friends but had to cancel the booking since the Award function carried on till late and the restaurant took orders till 11:30 pm only.
Last November I did visit that restaurant to celebrate the 25th wedding anniversary of Suuchanndra and Arun Bhutoria and was captivated with the ambience of that restaurant.
Whenever I come back from my travels, I immediately check out on my messages and postal mails and invitations etc. But today All Iz Well so I have decided to leave things for tomorrow.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts