Bong connection and Bangkok

From Hotel Hyatt Erawan in Bangkok: It was rough weather bumpy flight. Reached Bangkok today afternoon.I have been here several times for various reasons. I normally put up at the Hotel Oriental here in Bangkok except on two occasions when I stayed in Shangrila. The last time I stayed in this Hotel Hyatt at Rajamadri Road and really liked it, especially its location. Many people associated with the Bangla film industry in Kolkata and Dacca are here in Bangkok for tomorrow's Award ceremony. In Kolkata, many including me had doubts about the organisation of this Award function. But as of now it seems to be well organised. I think when the expectations are high you are not satisfied but if the expectations are modest then the chances of being satisfied are more.
Most of those who have come for the function are staying in Hotel Holiday Inn and Hotel Central Plaza. I, however, prefer to stay separately and to myself whenever I attend functions like these. Both the hotels are hardly five to seven minutes from here.
This evening there was a cruise party. I went there and said hello to everybody (pic: with Rachna on the cruise) and returned before the cruise started. I had a quite dinner at the Indian restaurant Bawarchi at the Hotel Intercontinental arcade and spoke to few friends in Bangkok.
It seems that Thailand, after the weddings, may now become a new destination for these types of functions.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts