Looking forward to Bangkok awards

The last 3 or 4 days I wasn’t very busy but it wasn’t easy either. I missed more events than I attended and kept myself busy reading some books. The Rajya Sabha elections for some of the seats also put me in touch with some of my friends cutting across various political parties.
On Tuesday evening I met Anuradha Mukherjee the former director of Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre (EZCC) in Kolkata and invited some personal friends at home for dinner on Wednesday. Yesterday I went to attend a private party at Loudon Street where I met many friends including Arjun and Nilanjana Chakraborty after a long time (file picture). Returned home around midnight. It was an enjoyable evening in the company of close friends. Arindam recited poetry while Arjun sang an old filmy number and others sang some songs of Rabindranath.
I could not make it to the special screening of the film Le Chakka at the Bioscope, Axis Mall, in New Town. Kiron Kher was in town for some shooting and since I couldn’t meet her I spoke to her on phone.
Next weekend I’ll be in Thailand to attend the Film Bangla Awards at Siam Pavalai located at the Paragon Complex of the Siam Paragon in Bangkok. There would be a special screening of Aniruddha’s new film Ekta Tarar Khonje. It seems almost the whole of the Tollywood film industry as well as Dacca film fraternity would be there.
I have been requested to give the award for the best female actor at the function. I wonder who is going to get it. Most of the leading actresses would be there at the function. I am friendly with all the female actresses and many others in the film industry in Bengal. It seems there’s much fun to look forward to. Many of the guests, scheduled to attend the function, are wondering where this sort of money to organise such a grand function is coming from and also how would it be organised since this is the first time such a function on Bengali films is being organised outside India. Lets see what lies ahead.
ess bee

Comments

  1. ब्‍लॉग-जगत में आपको देखकर अच्‍छा लगा।

    पूरा ब्‍लॉग पढ़ा।
    ब्‍लॉग में आपकी सकारात्‍मकता के दर्शन होते हैं वहीं आपकी सक्रियता बहुतेरों को अनुसरण के प्रति उद्यत करती है।

    2010 के अंत में इस समस्‍त सामग्री को पुस्‍तकाकार भी दे दीजिएगा।

    सादर।

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts