In `pink city’

From Jodhpur Suite in Hotel Rajputana Sheraton at Jaipur: I arrived at the pink city today morning amid light rains. This was my first visit this year. The Rajputana is a hotel where I have been putting up for the past 15 years while in Jaipur. However, there was a two-year break in between when I stayed at The Taj.
Rajputana is a big property and the suites are named after different regions and districts of Rajasthan like Jodhpur, Bikaner, Bharatpur, Rajsamand, Sirohi etc. My favourite suite in this Hotel is 1401 or the Rajputana Suite and I think it is indeed one of the best presidential suites any Hotel can brag. It is a two-bedroom suite with a spacious living area, a dining table for 16 or 18 people, a private jacuzzi and a terrace which can easily accommodate 40 to 50 guests for a private party, if one wishes.
I met the Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot in the morning at his residence. Ashok ji was in his usual self, cheerful and composed. Had ghewar, the traditional Rajasthani sweet, after a long time.
The agenda of meeting was Rajasthan Foundation that has been inactive for almost one year now. Mr H M Bangur, who heads the Kolkata chapter of the Foundation, was also there at the meeting. Ashok ji heard us out and said that he would come to Kolkata for two or three days with a team of senior bureaucrats in the next two months.
After meeting the Chief Minister, I met the Commissioner of Rajasthan Foundation, Sri Purushottam Agarwal, and discussed with him the future activities of the Foundation. Now I will go and pay a visit to Sri Ved Vyas ji and then fly back to Kolkata in the evening.
ess bee 

Comments

Popular Posts