Meet one, miss one


Today evening I went to Dublin (ITC Hotel) with Roopa Ganguly to attend the party that followed Manish Malhotra's fashion show which was a part ofThe Telegraph Weddings event. Roopa Ganguly is my oldest friend from the film fraternity in Kolkata.
Though she has shifted base to Mumbai for the past two-and-half years, we have still been in regular touch. Roopa is passing through a rough patch in her personal life but I believe she, being a strong woman, would soon overcome it.
As I was busy preparing for my Malaysia trip, I missed the fashion show because I could drop in for 15 to 20 minutes only at the Dublin. I don't go to the discs and feel suffocated by the loud music. I am thankful to the government for banning cigarettes in the open floor. Contrary to my expectations, I found Dublin to be rather empty. However, I did get to meet Arindam and Shukla Sil, Locket Chatterjee and few other friends (picture).
Tomorrow I shall fly to Jaipur for a day to meet Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot. I would miss the Debasree Roy Foundation programme atThe Oberoi Grand tomorrow with Rani Mukherjee, just as I would not be able to attend the screening of the movie Bomkesh Bakshi directed by Anjan Dutta at Nandan.
I wanted to stay on for the Oberoi programme since Prabha Khaitan Foundation is jointly involved with Debasree Roy Foundation's project Karuna. But no way, the Jaipur meeting is more important.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts