Trying out newer options

Hotel Hyatt Regency Delhi: I arrived at Delhi today afternoon and put up at this Hotel for the first time. This Hotel is famous for it Italian restaurant La Piazza and the Chinese restaurant China Club. I am in the capital to attend the book release function of Somnath Chatterjee and also to attend the felicitation function at the India International Centre (IIC) for Baroness Verma of the House of Lords.
In Delhi, my destination is always the IIC in winters when my stay is for a longer duration. For my day-to-day trips I stay at the ITC Hotels In fact, there is hardly any category of rooms or suites left that I have not availed at the Hotel Maurya Sheraton in the past 10 years.
This time I have changed my loyalty from the
 ITC to Hyatt. Besides its convenient location from the airport, the primary reason for choosing Hyatt is the welcoming and friendly attitude of the Hotel’s General Manager MR Timothy Bruce. I have known Mr Bruce and his wife Somarati from the days before they knew each other (file pictures). Before his current post, Mr Bruce was GM of Hyatt in Kolkata.
He can be singularly credited for transforming Hyatt Kolkata from being a dull hotel to a happening spot in few months. I have noticed that Mr Bruce has a very sharp eye for details in his line of business and this is very well reflected in Hyatt Delhi at present.
The rooms are spic and span and cut out for the busy travellers. I checked into this Hotel to have a feel of the place and experience the hospitality. I think I shall be back for a few more stays before deciding on a long-term arrangement.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts