Back to ground zero

Sunday today. I returned from Pench on Friday. From the Kolkata airport, I headed straight for the ITC Pala to attend the inaugural function of Odeon Theatre Festival organised by Vodafone. I met many known faces and went through the rigours of explaining saying that I wasn't out of country......... and that I was back in city...... and so on.
Could not attend a party at the Hyatt due to bad traffic but did attend the 60th Birthday celebrations of Renu Roy at the Elgin Road venue. At the party someone mentioned to me that recently Pranab Mukherjee made a remark in Delhi saying the he felt happy reading a comment by some Bhutoria in The Telegraph in Kolkata that he would like to use a custom-made Ambassador car because he felt that it was like a national car.
I don't know Pranab babu personally, however, the fact is that when a journalist from The Telegraph called me and asked me about my dream car I told her that my choice of a car would not be a good quote for their column.
Yesterday there were two programs that I wanted to attend. One was the debate at the Calcutta Club and the other was Anupam Kher's play Kuch Bhi Ho Sakta Hai at the Birla Sabhaghar.
Anupam Kher at the Odeon Theatre Festival
When I spoke to Kirron Kher over phone in the afternoon she said that she was herself going to the Calcutta Club, but insisted that I must go and see the play. Also, I was not sure if dress code restrictions of the Club were in effect or relaxed for the debate. But after watching the play I realised that Kirron was right. I really enjoyed the play very much and it was indeed very different. It was a very well acted and directed one act play (picture).
I couldn't manage to attend the annual fashion show of Bhawanipur College that was conceptualised by Hina Gorsia. I have been attending this show for many years as a guest or sometimes as a judge.
Having attended few back-to-back functions and parties, I feel I am getting back into the groove.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts