Winter charms

Kishangarh Suite, Hotel Rajputana Sheraton Jaipur: I just returned to my room after dinner at the Hotel's open verandah that houses a mini bar next to the pool. It wasn't just raining but pouring. The hotel staff did warn me that it would be cold outside as the state rarely gets rains during winters.
I like this kind of cold weather and enjoy sitting outside as long as it isn't raining. The view of the poolside, the cold wintry weather, the general quietude except for the sound of untimely rains and with no other guests around, I almost had the place to myself.
In Kolkata, I prefer to go out to the open-air events. Yesterday evening I went to the DKS Club in Kolkata with Arpita where a musical evening with Alka Yagnik was organised as a part of the Club's festive week celebrations.
Although a temporary shamiana was erected for the festivities ahead, the charm of being in the open air and hot coffee was too strong to resist.
I met Chuni Goswami, Ranadeb and Rachana Banerjee who were also the guests for the evening and had also come to hear the melodious Alka Yagnik (picture). But I made an early exit as she hadn't taken to the stage till 9 pm and I wanted to call it a day little early.
I arrived here at Jaipur today evening and tomorrow early morning will travel to my native village Churu.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts