The Xmas spirit is on

I missed the Sunday evening dinner at St Xavier's hosted by the Father Rev Dr J Felix Raj. About 100 prominent citizens of Kolkata were invited to the pre-Christmas get together. The X-mas spirit is on in city.
I heard Mamata Banerjee was present at the dinner and interacted with all the guests. It seems these days whatever Mamata does is lapped up by the media and served as news in Bengal. No doubt, all eyes are focused on her and every move she makes.
Kalki Koechlin, Pooja Swaroop and Rajat Kapoor
Yesterday evening I went to the Birla Sabhaghar as the Chief Guest (picture) to watch the play Hamlet - The Clown Prince directed by Rajat Kapoor. The man who brought this play to the city is Sumit Bhatt. He runs a production company and had approached me about a month back and wanted to associate with me and also print my name in the invite.
Since I did not know him nor did I get any proper reference, I declined his proposal and also shared with him the grounds of my reservations. I also told him that since it was a big budget play to inform me once he had the sponsors arranged. Honestly, I was not sure about his abilities. But he has proved me wrong and managed to stage a nice play in city. Except for the less-than-expected audience, everything was in order.
Good show Sumit.
ess bee 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts