Flight missed

I was supposed to be in Delhi on Monday June 20th but had to come back from the airport because by the time I reached the check in counter only seven minutes were left for the flight's departure. It took me two hours from ITC Sonar Bangla to reach the airport.
I wasn't the only one, there were at least 20 other passengers who reached after me and requested the girl at the counter to do something since it was the last flight to Delhi. I endorsed my ticket for Tuesday June 21st noon flight and returned home.
There has been the chat that the traffic in Kolkata had improved ever since the new regime took charge. I too have heard this at the Page 3 parties and in general discussions. Thanks to Mamata di, she can go anywhere, any time and may be that had a positive affect on the traffic.
On Monday afternoon she went to Delhi and on my way back from the airport it struck me that the traffic was bad because the Kolkata traffic police would get some breathing space to relax a bit as the chief minister was out of city. Just moderate rains and some road mishap cannot cause such a major traffic snarl to the airport. A daily newspaper also reported the same the next day.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts