Masai Mara! Next time perhaps

I was supposed to be in Nairobi (Kenya) today on an invitation from Eshila Maravanyika, Deputy Director, United Nations Information Centre, Nairobi, to participate in a symposium on Responsibility to Protect organised by the World Federation of United Nations Association (WFUNA) in partnership with the United Nations Information Centre, Nairobi, and the Swedish Embassy in Kenya, at the UN office there.
I have never been to Kenya and was looking forward to the trip. In order to apply for a visa for Kenya
, it is necessary to have the Yellow Fever injection certificate. I had had a dose of the Yellow Fever injection about 7 to 8 years back when I was planning a visit to Ghana. The certificate is normally valid for 10 years.
I, however, could not trace the certificate and this was yet another reason for cancelling the trip though the main reason was due to unavoidable important work in Jaipur that is getting delayed.
I informed the WFUNA head office about my inability to attend. I also thought if I visited Nairobi, I would also go on the famed Masai Mara Jungle Safari - the game drives which is supposed to be the best in the world.
May be the next time perhaps.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts