Rotary function


On Saturday evening I went to the Saturday Club to attend the 6th Installation Meeting of the Rotary Club of Calcutta Renaissance as the guest speaker. I met the incoming District Governor 2011-12 Rotarian Angsuman Bandopadhyay.
Usually I do not go to the Lion and Rotary functions. My personal feeling is that they have more of a club culture than a social culture. However, in recent years, I have noticed that both the Rotary and Lion clubs, at least in India, have developed and taken up various social programmes.
I was invited by the incoming secretary, Chirabrata Majumdar, whose father is well known to me. Our association goes back many years and to the West Bengal Assembly. I am also working with him in one of the Organization’s committee in the State Assembly.
In the evening I went to meet Mehreen, an upcoming singer from Bangladesh, at the Taj Bengal, she was en route to Hyderabad from Bangladesh, I skipped the invitation to the Bharat Nirman Awards.
Yesterday, Sunday, I had an official visitor from Jaipur and after a meeting with him in the morning I went to the Silver Springs banquet hall to attend an annaprasan ceremony. The food from the Tangerine at that banquets was, as always, very tasty.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts