Events for Kolkata

I returned from Delhi on Friday late night and missed out on quite a number of events that evening in Kolkata.
This Delhi trip of mine was quite successful as I was able to finalise quite a few events for Kolkata. Apart from Agyeya Centenary event in Kolkata, I convinced Sonal Mansingh to agree to a lecture on August 7th 2011 in Kolkata.
For the past one year, I have been thinking of starting Prabha Khaitan Memorial Lecture series in Kolkata. The idea for initiating this series is to provide a platform where distinguished personalities from across the world would voice their opinion on art, literature, theatre, cinema, dance, drama and culture. Sonal Mansingh would be in Kolkata to deliver the first of the series of lecture.
I also had a dinner meeting on Thursday with Namita Gokhale, Co Director of Jaipur Literary Festival and author of the recently published book Priya In Incredible Indyaa. I discussed at length about the various pending issues on the event that I am planning for Kolkata on October 28th and 29th, 2011, and also an interactive session with her on her book sometime in August.
Suhel Seth may also join in. Recently in Delhi, the audience liked it a lot when he read out excerpts from that book.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts