Hindi Lit Fest for Kolkata


With Om Thanvi
Hotel Hyatt Regency, Delhi: I arrived in Delhi on Wednesday afternoon. In the evening I met Om Thanvi (file picture) at the India International Centre (IIC) bar. I had a detailed discussion with him about his work “Mohenjodaro” that has made quite an impact in travel segment in Hindi Literature.
I requested Thanvi ji to have a small interactive session on that book in Kolkata. Knowing Thanvi ji, he was very reluctant as he feels it is a self promotion.
I, however, convinced him to have an event in Kolkata on Sachchidanand Hiranand Vatsyayan Agyeya. It is said that after Tagore, it was Agyeya who had achieved that status in literature. Whatever he has touched poetry, novels or any form of writing, he has been immensely successful.
Om Thanvi along with a few other prominent names from the field of Hindi literature, who are admirers of Agyeya, would hold a programme in Kolkata in September 2011.
Yesterday morning I met Sonal Mansingh at her residence in Defence Colony. It was a good meeting and also came to learn that apart from dance activities she has done a lot of research on various Indian historical characters and also delivers lectures. I will return to Kolkata today evening.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts