Dinner in honour of WFUNA president

November 7, 2011: Yesterday evening I hosted a dinner for WFUNA President, Park Soo-Gil, at The Conclave. I invited the career diplomats and a couple of personal friends on the occasion.
The US Consul General, Dean R. Thompson, dropped in only for cocktails. 
The Russian Consul General, Vladimir V Lazarev and his wife and also the Consul from the People’s Republic of China in Kolkata, Mr Liu Zhijie, attended the dinner.
The Consul General of Germany, Rainer Schmiedchen, who has been posted in Kolkata very recently, and his wife also made up the guest list for the dinner. 
I met them for the first time today. Also present were a few others like the Consular Corps, Ambassador Chang Beom Cho, UNA, Republic of Korea, and Ms Zhang Xiaoan, UNA China. 
I had lots of time to interact with the diplomatic core and the guests thoroughly enjoyed the spread of Bengali cuisine.
For Ambassador Park Soo-Gil, who visited Kolkata for the first time, it was a very different kind of experience with the food.
Today evening I have invited them to my home for dinner.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts