On a low key

Yesterday evening I dropped in at the Bengal Club reception to welcome Dean R Thompson, the US Consul General. The reception was hosted by my friend Heena Gorsia.
The moment I entered everybody started enquiring as to where I had disappeared so suddenly. Today evening and tomorrow there is an engagement and wedding function in the family of Rajendra Bacchawat and Harsh Patodia besides the regular weekend happenings in the city.
I am a person who has always given priority to public commitments first and then to personal and family affairs. I strongly believe that public commitment is a commitment one must keep. What a hard decision it had been for me when I was at the Sindoor Khela while my brother-like friend counting his  last breaths in the hospital.
I think amid so many ups and downs in my life, this has been the longest phase for me to remain out of touch or maintain a low key as far as contact with the socio-cultural and the art world is concerned.
It is true that death is a fact of life but is it is not always so easy to accept!
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts