Shuttling between Jaipur and Delhi

On Sunday afternoon I went to Jaipur for a personal meeting and returned to Delhi the same evening. From the Delhi airport I went to the Indian International Centre (IIC) to attend the function at the newly constructed multi-purpose hall of IIC.
Suresh Neotia invited me for a function at 6:30 pm. I told him that I was going to Jaipur for a couple of hours and that I would be late. But I got so late that by the time I reached the function it was 10 pm. The function was almost over and hosts had left the venue. Only Rajeev Shukla and a couple of other guests were there.
Today afternoon I met quite a few people from field of literature and politics at the IIC apart from spending time at the library. I wanted to meet the former Prime Minister of India, Sri I K Gujral, who is not keeping well at present. But his office informed mine that Sri Gujral is unwell and that it would be difficult to meet him for few more days at least (file picture).
With the election fever catching up, Uttar Pradesh is making headlines. 
After becoming the Chief Minister, Mayawati had visited Kolkata and I had had a one to one meeting with her at the Hyatt, Kolkata. At that time she had said that she would again visit Kolkata soon. 
But I don't think she has been to Kolkata after that visit. During that visit, I had presented Mayawati with a piece of handicraft (picture).
Tomorrow I have a couple of meetings scheduled at the
ICCR and National School of Drama
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts