At the Rajasthan Polo Club luncheon meet

Surendra Pal Joshi, Vishwa Mohan Bhatt and Manjari Kiran at the Rajasthan Polo Club
Jaipur, December 8, 2011: Yesterday evening I went to the Marriott Hotel which is a newly constructed five star property in Jaipur and much talked about hotels in Rajasthan.
I have travelled far and wide and stayed in many international properties of Marriott. I think, internationally, The Marriott at Yarawan, Armenia, is one of their best properties, and definitely so service-wise.
But here in Jaipur, I was rather disappointed with the service at Marriott’s Indian restaurant. I would call it average. Though the food was very good, I think the Hotel needs to pick up on staff training. The envelope from the General Manager’s office to me was in the name of `Sanjay'.
This is quite unexpected from a Hotel chain that happens to be one of the most reputed in the world. The fact of the matter is that the lady from the GM's office asked me thrice the spelling of my name and even after that there was the mistake.
Today afternoon attended the Rajasthan Polo Club luncheon meet. 
The whole discussion deviated from the expected topic and focused on the Jaipur Literary Festival though there was a good presence of state artists. 
Among present were artist Sartaj Narayan Mathur, famous dhrupad singer Smt Madhu Bhatt Tailang, eminent litterateur Nanad Bhardwaj (picture)
Also present were senior journalist Veer Saxena, journalist Vinod Bhardwaj, Shyam Acharya, Pramod Bhasin, poet Ikram Rajasthani and Sampat Saral, Surendra Joshi, danseuse Jyoti Bharti Goswami, nature and bird lover Harshvardhan and others besides Vishwa Mohan Bhatt.
I met Vinod Ajmera, executive director, Rajasthan Foundation. 
With Shyam Acharya
And then later I met Mr Rohit Kumar Singh, IAS, Secretary, Dept of Youth Affairs & Sports, Government of Rajasthan, and discussed in detail the possibility of holding youth-related events, seminars and conferences in Rajasthan.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts