Events aplenty

Tuesday, December 27, 2011: I spent much of yesterday and the whole day today in office. Yesterday afternoon I went to attend the prize distribution ceremony at the West Bengal Legislative Assembly for the annual flower show and gave away prizes to the winners.
I met Alka Bangur who chatted with me about Prabha Khaitan Puraskar (picture). Alka ji has become the President of The Calcutta Chamber of Commerce - the organising body of this award for Womens’ Excellence instituted by Prabha Khaitan Foundation.
Late evening yesterday I also had a meeting with H M Bangur, Managing Director, Shree Cements Ltd and President, Rajasthan Foundation Kolkata Chapter, regarding few key decisions on the role of Kolkata Chapter of Rajasthan Foundation in the forthcoming Pravasi Bharatiya Divas at Jaipur.
On Sunday Christmas eve, besides watching the Polo match with Major General K J S Thind (picture) who heads the 61st Cavalry of the Armed forces which has the unique distinction of being the only unmechanised mounted cavalry regiment in the world. In view of the regiment's unique association with the horse, it is perhaps not all that surprising that it has a proud polo playing tradition. The regiment has produced some of the country's most outstanding and inspired polo players. 
On the 25th of December, after the polo match, I met General Vijay Kumar Singh, Chief of Army Staff, at the high tea. General V K Singh was very warm and asked me why I wasn't keeping in touch with him or call on him while in Delhi. General V K Singh was GOC Eastern Command before taking over as the Army Chief. 
Right: With General V K Singh, Chief of Army Staff
I met up with many polo players Major Vishal Chohan and Siddhu.
I also went to see a play at the Madhusudan Mancha directed by Kaushik Sen. It was the second show and I heard from my friends that Arpita had acted very well. 
After seeing the play I realized she that she is a very talented actress, thanks to Kaushik Sen for bringing out the best in her.
With Col Navjeet Singh Sandhu on the left.
I cancelled my Delhi trip yet again and also failed to attend the Masquerade Polo Ball hosted by Calcutta Polo Club. But the greatest regret I had was for not being able to attend the function at Town Hall to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of Janaganamana Adhinayaka Jaya Ho hosted by the Cultural Department, Government of West Bengal.
Oh! How I wish I could be at more than one place at the same time and attend all the good events I wanted to.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts