In Mumbai, missing out on Jaipur, Kolkata events

January 27th Mumbai: I arrived in Mumbai late last night from Jaipur. I could not attend the Republic Day programme at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium but attended the Republic Day tea at the Raj Bhavan in Jaipur and then took the last flight to Mumbai.
Normally, this time of the year, I stay put in Jaipur only. But this time I cut short my trip and came to Mumbai to attend a wedding function. I will miss the Sirmur Cup Polo which happens to be the last and the most famous tournament of Jaipur polo season. 
In fact, when I was in Jaipur during Pravasi Bharatiya Divas, I took out some time in the afternoon and went to see the polo match. There I met Maharaja Jai Singh of Jaipur (picture). He told me that he hoped that I would be staying till the end of the polo season.
I will also miss out on the annual bash hosted by princess Diya Kumari today. This bash is also a very popular event on the city's social calendar.  
Many people asked me why I was leaving the party for a day and that too at a time when many guests were flying in for the sole purpose of attending this very party which would be hosted at the Narayan Niwas this year.
I will also miss the Jaipur Film Festival inaugural function in which Jayabrato Chatterjee's film Love Song will be screened and Jaya Bacchan would be felicitated with the Life Time Achievement Award.
My missing out on big events continues in the Kolkata circuit as well starting from Dover Lane Music Conference, Kolkata Book Fair inauguration, Calcutta Literary Meet and so on. 
I will attend the wedding function this evening. In fact my late friend Arun Bhutoria and I were supposed to attend this wedding together and we had even chalked out few things we'd do in Mumbai once the wedding got over. Arun was very close to the bride's family. As he is no more, it was on me to ensure that I attended this wedding.

ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts