At the first day of Bhutan Lit Fest


With Queen Mother, Her Majesty, Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck
Today is the first day of the Mountain Echo Lit Fest which was inaugurated. 
I heard at the breakfast table that Javed Akhtar will not be able to join in at the Fest as he is unwell. Today morning I attended the session of Gulzar Sahab, as expected, he was at his very best. I asked him about his Kolkata visit for the 25th, 26th and 27th of May 2012.
An event management company approached me and also invited me on his behalf for a function in Birla Sabhagar. However, Gulzar Sahab said he has no plans to be in Kolkata over the next few days.
With Sukrita Paul and Gulzar Sahab
The weather here in Bhutan is pleasant and I have been thinking that we have a place of such pristine beauty close to our city and we all go around the world looking for such a place. I find it rather surprising that I have travelled around the world so extensively to different continents and yet I had never been to Bhutan which is located so close.
The Taj Hotel has kindly upgraded me to their best suite in this property. There is a panoramic view of the beautiful mountains from my room.
Today morning Gulzar Sahab started with the lines "..... naye naye chand par rahne aye thee...." it was very aptly recited nazm in this country.
With author Vikram Seth
At the Tarayana Centre, where the other sessions are being held, I met Sharmila di to whom I could not say hello yesterday at the residence of Pavan Varma since there was a queue waiting to get photographed with her. 
Today the same crowd was there to get autographs from Vikram Seth. 
I had a brief informal meeting with the Queen Mother, Her Majesty, Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck, and we discussed various aspects of possible collaboration in the field of art, culture and literature along with the Tarayana Centre (founded by her) and other institutions in India. She has invited me to the palace tomorrow for a formal meeting, thanks to Namita Gokhale.
Today evening, I along with Satyam Roy Chowdhury, who is also here, would host a dinner at the Taj Tashi.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts