Lit Fest chums

With Tisca Chopra
Monday, May 28, 2012: The Mountain Echoes Literary Festival in Bhutan was a very interesting event. Personally, I met and made so many new acquaintances.
I have been in touch with Tisca Chopra and Wendell Rodricks and many others over email after returning to Kolkata.
At the event I also met a number of authors and quite a few senior journalists who were there to cover the event. 
I also met British author and historian Patrick French. They are my Lit Fest chums.
With author Patrick French
I was rather impressed by Nidhi Razdan, Associate Editor-Foreign Affairs, NDTV. 
After the sessions, the locals, especially the students of Bhutan and others, were thronging around her to get pictured.  
Nidhi, who seems to have Jobs patience, complied by posing for pictures with every individual for over an hour and smiling all the while.
With journalist Nidhi Razdan
I have seldom seen such patience in a TV journalist. Although she did attend the dinner hosted by me, I did not get to speak to her as she had left the festival a day in advance and was not in Paro where everyone had time to relax and mingle freely.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts