Jet lag

Thursday, August 16: I arrived in Kolkata yesterday morning. Independence Day celebrations were on. However, by the time I got out of the airport and reached home I was too tired and in no mood to go to the Raj Bhawan which I have been doing over the past so many years on August 15.
While planning my itinerary I had presumed that I would reach Kolkata on the morning of Independence Day and would attend the function at the Red Road as also join the tea at the Raj Bhawan. But my assessment was wrong and about 20-hour long flight, plus the transit, had drained me of all my vigour and I wasn't in the right frame of mind to attend the function.
The only thing that was in my mind on reaching home was to get some sleep and make good the deficit and tide over the jet lag. Also, I have to be ready for the second series of An Author's Afternoon scheduled for tomorrow.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts