Basking in London weather


I have been enjoying the London weather and English tea over meetings with different people. The current London weather, not too cold nor wet, I like it.
I met Baroness Verma, Dr William Shiza, Secretary General of Commonwealth Parliamentary Association, Lord Swraj Paul, Lord Gulam Noon and many others. It is always good and inspiring to meet people with varied interests who have carved out a niche for themselves.
I went to the Hatchards – one of the oldest bookstores in Europe – once again. I also went to the Waterstones, the other famous British book retail chain that operates 296 stores. The store at Piccadilly is one of the biggest. I took time to watch Barfi. I must say that Indian cinema is one of the strongest bonds that tie NRIs to their motherland.
Today evening I shall go to a restaurant at Mayfair not far from the Nehru Centre. During my last visit I could not get a table booking at this famous Kai Restaurant restaurant. This restaurant is very famous among the Bollywood stars. It offers classic, modern and fusion Chinese cuisines. Established in 1975 by Mr Kai the restaurant changed hands in 1993. I have heard that this restaurant has a special menu for the veggies. I am looking forward to try it out today.
Tomorrow Pramita Mallick would be performing at the Indian YMCA, a historic building located on Fitzroy Square, the event is being organised by Baithak an organisation headed by London-based film director Sangeeta Dutta.
I plan to be there as well and meet up with the pravasi (overseas) Bengali community members.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts