Chaat Party at ITC Sonar


October 13, 2012: Yesterday night I went to attend a personal dinner inviation at the Lord Sinha Road. Prior to that, I hosted a Chaat Party at the ITC Sonar Bangla Sheraton and Towers from 3 pm till 7:30 pm.
With ITC Chef Mayank
Actually on October 10 evening while I was flying from Delhi to Kolkata, Chef Mayank, who is the Executive Chef of ITC Sonar, was with me and he mentioned that ITC had recently tied up with Agra-based famous Suresh Chat Wala and he also told me that a team from the Chat Wala would be in Kolkata for a number of days.
Instantly, I decided to call a few friends who are also foodies and I requested the team of T2 and their columnists with a couple of friends to come and enjoy chaat.
was really surprised and touched by the fact that despite such short notice, 99 per cent of the invitees turned up. 
Needless-to-say, the chaat, and an assortment of savoury snacks, were amazing and the guests freaked out on the paranthas which was cooked on a tawa weighing 19 kilos.
Like music and dance, Chaat, which originated in Uttar Pradesh and preferred across the Indian sub-continent, also has its own gharanas (tradition of specialization) like the Agra or Mathura.
It was after a long time I had an event at the ITC Sonar. 
With T2 team members
Not in the very distant past, I used to have events every week.
Before the Chaat Party in the morning, I went to Lal Bazar to meet the Commissioner of Police regarding Pronam, a joint project between Kolkata Police and The Bengal, for the senior citizens.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts