Of Maurya and meetings


October 9, 2012: I arrived in Delhi yesterday and after checking-in at the Maurya I went to the India International Centre (IIC) for a series of meetings. I had a meeting with Lady Mohini Noon followed by one with Vikram Lall and Alka Bagri. In the evening I attended a dinner reception hosted by the Indian Federation of the United Nations Association at Hotel Ashok.
Today morning again the spate of meetings continued at the ITC Maurya lounge and later shifted to the IIC Annexe with Dr Sudarshan Agarwal, former Governor of Uttarakhand and Sikkim, along with Dr Sonal Mansingh.
Hotel Maurya is a flagship property of the ITC Group of hotels. The hotel is always buzzing with clients and guests. This keeps the hotel staff very busy and puts to test the Group's basic hospitality culture of extending personal attention to individuals.
But I have noticed that unlike last few times, during my this stay here, the hotel really come around to cater to individual needs of the clients. There is a marked change in the quality of service. I must say ITC Maurya is on track.
I must thank and compliment Mr Anil Chadha, the new General Manager of the property. Mr Chadha recently took over from ITC Gardenia and was earlier the Resident Manager of ITC Sonar Bangla Sheraton & Towers in Kolkata.
Today evening I fly back to Kolkata.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts