Gearing up for events

I arrived in Kolkata from Brazil via Dubai yesterday morning. Kolkata was immersed in a festive and holiday spirit with Diwali and Kali Puja celebrations on in full swing.
I landed at about 8:30 hrs Dubai and went to the office. I freshened up and started gearing up for the fourth in the series of The Author's Afternoon for tomorrow at The Taj Bengal and a new series tete-a-tea on November 16 with ace filmmaker Anurag Basu at The Oberoi Grand. I have to look into the last minute preparations of these two events and also clear a mountain of pending paper work and mails.
I am not into festivals so much but yesterday evening a few of my friends from the media and the film industry landed up at my house and I did burn some crackers after a long time (picture). 
I really don't remember the last time I did so.
Today also I was in office since morning replying to the mails and writing to various organizations including WFUNA and the Jaipur events.
I have lined up four different activities in Jaipur as well. Three events are on the 23rd, 24th and another one on 30th. Apart from that I have committed to few other functions as well. I always take on too much in my hands and there is no reason for complaint to any one else.
My absence in Kolkata due to the Rio trip took its toll as I could not attend the Kolkata Film Festival inaugural function which had the presence of Big B and SRK. But tomorrow, after the Author's Afternoon, I plan to drop in at evening party hosted by Venkatesh Films at The Oberoi Grand to celebrate the Film Festival.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts