In Rio

November 5, from Hotel Royal Tulip at Rio de Janeiro: Today evening I arrived in the land of the samba, soccer and carnivals. This is my first time in Rio de Janeiro. I checked in at the Hotel Royal Tulip.
My Emirates flight to Rio from Dubai was a long one. The Dubai to Rio is a 15-hour direct flight and one of the longest routes for the airliner. This flight continues its journey from Rio to Buenos Aires.
I am here in Brazil after ten years. Last time when I was on a visit to the Latin American countries, I was at Sao Paulo.
This 418-room Hotel is extremely tourist-friendly and the staff leave no stones unturned to extend their help and service. This Hotel is a part of the Golden Tulip Hotel group which was earlier known as the Intercontinental Hotel. From my 16th floor studio room I can see the magnificent sea front right ahead. The view from the Hotel – towering over the famous Rio beach and surrounded by the beauty of the Pedra da Gavea (world's largest coastline monolith), – is great.
The weather today here is quite Mumbai like and also sultry like that of Chennai. The only difference is that the sun seems stronger out here, but that hardly is a bother for the locals. The sun is even harsher during other time of the year.
The Hotel has two restaurants and bars that is equipped to cater to its guests who put up there.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts