Ek Mulakat with Baroness Verma

I arrived here in Jaipur on the first day of the New Year around evening. At the Jaipur Airport I noticed many protocol officers and staff. Later I realized that the new Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court, Amitava Roy, who was in the same flight from Kolkata, was shifting to Rajasthan.
With Baroness Sandip Verma
Yesterday there was the second event of the Ek Mulakat series with Baroness Sandip Verma who is a junior minister at the Department of Energy and Climate Change in the British Government since September 2012.
Baroness Verma was scheduled for the Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas in Cochin (January 7th, 8th and 9th). She was on a private visit to Udaipur, Rajasthan, on New Year holidays.
With Baroness Verma and Dr Param Navadeep
I have known her husband Ashok Verma for many years now and I had requested them to come to Jaipur.
It was a well attended event and Dr Param Navadeep, MLA, was kind enough to join in for a conversation with her. 
There were many others who wanted to come to the event but could not due to the limited number of seats that could be laid at the poolside bar of Rajputana Hotel – the venue of the event.
Yesterday I also went to witness the first match of 2013 Polo season in Jaipur. Today evening I shall go the Raj Bhawan and call on Governor, Margaret Alva.
ess bee 

Comments

Popular Posts