Samosas, kachoris score over 5-star dinners

With Akansha and Ashok
Jaipur Literature Festival (JLF) and the Polo season, both are in full bloom. JLF is quite like a Maha Kumbh of literature where six parallel sessions are taking place at the Diggi Palace Hotel. Everyone around me is involved in some event or the other.
With Journalists Richa and Venu
This time I find that the participation of local citizens in the events have increased noticeably.
I crossed paths with many of the prominent residents of the pink city during different sessions and between sessions. 
Suhel Seth gave me company over samosas and tea.
With Salim Kidwai
One thing that was a big hit at the JLF this time was Rawat ki kachori
Those who have been to Jaipur would know that Rawat is very famous shop in the city that sells aloo pyaz masala kachoris and mirch bada
Many of the people known to me from the literary and film fraternity went gaga over it and other Rajasthani food.
With Namita Gokhale
Starting from Javed Akhtar and Shabana to the authors and publishers – Ira Pande, Urvashi Butalia, Namita Gokhale of A Life Apart (an English translation of Late Dr Prabha Khaitan's autobiography in Hindi Anya se Annaya slated for release tomorrow) were all in for the snacks giving scant attention to the 5 Star formal dinners.
With Rama Pandey, Suhel Seth
I naturally felt elated as the responsibility of arranging these much-in-demand jalebis, samosas, mirchi vadas and kachoris was on me and I ensured that the guests had their fill.
With Timmi Kumar of Clark's Amer
Some of my office staff got busy delivering the same to different five star hotels where my known people friend and authors are staying.
Yesterday evening I went to Mita Kapur's house for dinner which she hosted for the authors and publishers and also to celebrate Namita Gokhale's birthday.
Kiron Soni, DC (Ajmer), Madhukar Gupta, DC(Jaipur)
I met many new and known people from the literary world. During the LitFest, other than the official dinner every evening, there were two to three dinner invitations at various places from different publishers.
I attended the Rambag inaugural dinner and Mita's dinner party. 
Audience at one of the sessions of JLF 2013
I intend to attend the Writers' Ball. I have to skip the rest and spend time with few friends including Rinku di, Sangeeta Dutta at the Kishangarh Room in Rajputana.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts