At the Kavi Sammelan inauguration

Friday, March 22, 2013: Yesterday evening after a meeting at the Lal Bazar, the police headquarters of Kolkata, I went to Kala Mandir for the inauguration of a Hasya Kavi Sammelan hosted by the prominent Hindi daily Prabhat Khabar.
In the last few years, Prabhat Khabar has established itself quite well and the national articles carried in the newspaper doesn't make Kolkata readers feel the presence of a national Hindi daily. 
Although Dainik Jagran, the largest selling newspaper in India, also has a Kolkata edition, but as far as my knowledge goes, it isn't printed in Kolkata.
With Harsh Neotia, H M Bangur, Vishambar Newar
The Kavi Sammelan was a full hall and I, along with Harsh Neotia, H M Bangur, Sajjan Saraf, Wasim Kapoor, Vishambar Newar inaugurated the Kavi Sammelan. I think yesterdays Kavi Sammelan marks the onset of a Holi Sammelan galore in Kolkata which is an annual feature. In fact, I myself will be hosting Kavis at my residence on Monday.
This afternoon the seventh Author's Afternoon is scheduled at the Taj Bengal.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts