At the celebrations of Shabdo

With Rituparno Ghosh and Kaushik
April 9, 2013: Yesterday evening I dropped in at the Chrome Hotel to attend the celebrations of the film Shabdo – directed by Kaushik Ganguly and produced by Gautam Kundu of Rose Valley - which won the Best Bengali Film at the 60th National Awards function.
The film received two awards for the best Bengal Film and Best Sound Designing. 
When I heard that Shabdo had received the National Award I was pleasantly surprised because I remembered that once Kaushik, Toni and I, after attending a brunch at The Park Hotel hosted by Riya and Raima Sen, came to my home for an adda.
During our conversation we talked about the National Awards and Kaushik had said that his new film, which was to take to the floor, would surely bag the National Award. At that time I was quite impressed by Kaushik’s confidence but when I read this news recently, I really felt happy for Kaushik and even more for the confidence that he had shown.
I was in at the Chrome by 8.30 pm. Though Kaushik had sent a text for 8 pm but Gautam told me over phone to come by 8:30 pm. On reaching there I realized that apart from Rituparno Ghosh and I, no other guests had arrived. Only a little while later Chiranjeet, actor and MLA, and director Prabhat Ray arrived at the party.
With Chiranjeet and Prabhat Ray
It is a trend in Kolkata, especially in Tollywood parties to start late or at least later than the suggested time. 
Seeing this scenario I was a little perturbed as I too am hosting a dinner for Lord Swraj Paul today evening where the invitees would be primarily the diplomats and industrialists. As it is a formal affair we have fixed the time from 7 pm to 10 pm. I hope all goes well.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts