Farewell to Maj Gen Thind

With Ex Chief Secretary Salauddin Ahmad and GOC K J S Thind
With Digvijay Singh
May 29, 2013: Today evening I landed in Kolkata from Jaipur. I was scheduled to arrive tomorrow but pre-poned my visit and had a number of meetings the whole day since morning. 
I also had an interview with Bhaskar TV and firmed up a date for the Udaipur Desert Soul event.
Yesterday I was at the farewell dinner of Major General K J S Thind, Sub-Area Commander at the Rajputana Sheraton

He was also the head of 61 Cavalry - the only horsed regiment of the Indian Armed Forces. 
With Srishti and her mother Hema Bahal
His charming wife Gurpreet was there too. The Major General bade good bye to the Pink City
In line with the regiment's unique association with the horses and rich polo playing tradition, Major General Thind was a regular at the Polo matches and other shows in India and abroad. 

I have had a long association with Major General Thind and his wife. They have been a great source of inspiration and always stood by us in our social, cultural and community get-togethers.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts