At the Swiss national day function

-->
With Dr Linus Von Castlemur and Francoise Gardies
August 1, 2013: Yesterday evening I went to The Taj Bengal to attend the party hosted by His Excellency Dr Linus Von Castlemur, Ambassador of Switzerland to India, and Mr Umesh Chowdhary, along with Francoise Gardies and Mrs Rashmi Chowdhary to celebrate the National Day of Switzerland.
It was an excellent gathering of diplomats, industrialists, educationists, politicians, bureaucrats, senior officials of various government departments and few artists. Like last year, this year's gathering was also very nice in terms of turnout. I haven't seen such a gathering in any of the Honorary Consul General's parties before. 
With Umesh Chowdhary
The only segment that was missing was Tollywood. Apart from that all prominent people from all walks of life were there.
I met the Ambassador who thanked me for the book The Safari which I had sent to him yesterday morning. I sent the book when I heard from Umesh that he was taking the Ambassador and his wife to the Sundarbans and that they too were interested in wildlife.
The approaching weekend is going to be very hectic. Tomorrow evening there is a The Bengal members' annual visit to the Pronam office followed by the premiere of Suman Mukhopadhyay's film Kangal Malsat which had its share of controversies at the Priya Cinema Hall.
On Saturday evening there is the annual function of the Pronam members of north and central division which is being held at at the Calcutta University's Centenary Hall at 4 pm.
With J P Chowdhary
Sunday morning I have committed to a function to be the Chief Guest and give away the awards to the meritorious students at the iLead campus. On Sunday afternoon I have to go to Taj Bengal for the Calcutta Zoo "Adopt-an-Animal" scheme and in the evening I am planning to go to the Netaji Indoor Stadium for Farhan Akhtar's event. After that there is a dinner commitment too.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts