Meeting Chitrangada

With Sudhir Mishra and Chitrangada Singh
October 21, 2013: It was a relaxed Sunday after the Pujas. On Saturday evening I went to The Conclave for a get-together organised by Pritimoy Chakraborty to meet and greet Chitrangada Singh, Pritish Nandy, Kay Kay Menon and Director Sudhir Misra who were in town for the special screening of the film Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi at the Purple Movie Town - his film studio - during the day.
With Kay Kay Menon
It was a small and select gathering and I finally met Chitrangada Singh. I had missed meeting her earlier two occasions in Delhi and twice in Jaipur. One of her films Sorry Bhai is on my list of favourite film. In fact Sorry Bhai, which hasn't done well in the box office is a film which I have seen more than 10 times, as I have seen Lamhe, Kabhi Kabhi and Rain Coat. The first time I saw this film I was in the Emirates and had a real tough time arranging for a DVD.
With Chitrangada Singh
When I told Chitrangada (picture) about it she was very surprised to know that someone had liked her film so much. She has mentioned that the reason why the film has not done well in the box-office was because the film was released on the same day during the Mumbai terror attack and the DVD of the film is also yet to be out officially. Incidentally, the director of the film Onir had called her the same time I was chatting with her about this film.
Chitrangada had a long day today in Kolkata. After Purple Movie Town they went to SRFTI and then came straight for dinner. She left the party early and so did I.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts