At the Amjad Ali Khan concert in Jaipur


With Goran and his wife Christine
With Christine
Jaipur, January 5: I went to the Maharana Pratap Auditorium at Vidya Ashram to see the concert of Amjad Ali Khan. The concert was part of a three-day Rajmahal Surana Memorial Festival hosted by Shruti Mandal.
Shruti Mandal is one of the most reputed cultural organizations in Jaipur that has been presenting classical concerts for more than 30 years now in the Pink City.
At the City Palace
Thanks to Poonam and Chandu Surana who invited me to this evening where Ustad Amjad Ali Khan performed various ragas for more than two hours. 
In fact he also performed raga Suvalakshmi in his wife’s name and also a new raag Raj Ganesha.
Yesterday morning I went to the City Palace as my friend Goran and his wife Christine were on a city tour. 
With Goran
I dropped in to say hello to them at a cafe in the City Palace.
Jaipur is very foggy and cold and in parts of Rajasthan. 
In Shekhawati, where I was born, temperature has plummeted to -1to -4according to news reports.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts