Eventful Saturdays

With Swarup Mitra, Madan Mitra and Swati Mitra at the reception
March 10, 2014: The Saturday before last I attended the Gulab Bari event and on last Saturday (March 8) I was at Madhulika and Hemant Kanoria's Alipore residence for a similar kind of evening.
Ustad Rashid Khan sang a number of songs on Holi. It was the first time I heard Rashid bhai singing so many songs on Holi. Rashid has many fans of his voice in Kolkata, I myself being one among them. I had no idea of his repertoire of such excellent Holi songs and enjoyed it immensely.
With Dwijen Mukhopadhyay
On Sunday just dropped by at Mr Madan Mitra's son's wedding reception to congratulate the family. I went there early and met the minister who introduced me to the newly wedded couple. I also met Dwijen Mukhopadhyay.
Every evening in the coming weeks I have several events lined up for Holi, kavi sammelans, dhap & chang utsavs, milan samaroh etc. I have also committed to attend few functions including couple of kavi sammelans which I love to attend.
But next weekend (Saturday, March 15) would be some day in the city’s calendar. I have 14 invites for Saturday, mostly Holi functions, and am wondering how to make the most of it.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts