Holi after 15 years

March 19, 2014: Monday was Holi day. In fact Holi, in most parts of India is celebrated over two days. On day one is the Holika Dahan or also locally known as Jalanewali Holi (bonfire holi). The second day is the Rangwali Holi or Dhulandi Holi when people play with colours.
With Gautam Mohan Chakrabarty and Debleena at Arindam Sil's party
On the Dhulandi day I went to Hyatt to attend a Holi party. I heard from people who went there last year that there were no colours used and only gulal and abeer for those who wanted to play Holi.
With Aditya Makharia
However, this year when I entered at around
quarter past noon, the Holi celebrations were in full swing, including colours, water etc., and so I actually played Holi in Kolkata almost after 15 years. 

I must compliment the Hyatt management for organizing such a function with excellent food.
With Deepti Naval
In the evening I went to the Science City for the Hindustan Club’s kavi sammelan. After the event, I dropped in at the Tangerine Banquets for Arindam Sil’s party where he announced his second film Ebar Shabor.
Yesterday evening I was at The Harrington Street Arts Centre for the preview of Juxtapose - a confluence of art and interior design - followed by drinks and hors d’oeuvres
With Deepti Naval, Ajay Arya and Shweta Arya
Although the event was supposed to start at 7 pm, I had told Mr Ajay Arya, who is an interior designer and had invited me, that I would be there at 6.45 pm for half an hour as I had an appointment at 7 pm. Shweta Arya was  also there.
I also met Deepti Naval who had a book reading session before the inaugural function. She mentioned that she will soon be back in Kolkata with her photography-cum-painting exhibition.
The book, her third, is on Tibet titled “The Mad Tibetan”. Tomorrow I shall leave for Delhi.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts