In Pyrgos

Sun set in Santorini
June 26: I started the third day on Santorini islands a little late. I went to a small traditional village called Pyrgos which is one of the highest points in the island and famous for its traditional architecture and the ruins of Kasteli Castle on a hilltop. 
This village was declared a protected settlement by the Greece government in 1995.
There is a very famous restaurant called Selene where we had lunch. Selene is famous among tourists who throng this place for special cooking classes on traditional and local cuisines. It shifted to Pyrgos from Fira in 2010.
In the evening I went to the Oia area of Santorini famed for its sunset views. 
In Santorini
I didn't get a hotel room in this area but after seeing the sun set from Oia, I personally feel that the Imerovigli sun set was much spectacular.
After hanging out in the lanes and bylanes of Oia, we had a pizza dinner at Nocturna Cafe.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts