Meeting with the Japanese Consul

Aug 7, 2014: I worked past midnight and got up rather late today an straight headed for the lunch at the Taj Bengal. I had invited the new Consul General of Japan, Kazumi Endo, and his wife over lunch. 
After he joined in as the Consul General in Kolkata, I had missed out on a couple of invitations and hadn't met him formally till today. It was nice meeting him and his wife. 
In fact, it was news to me that he was in Kolkata 30 years ago in the Consulate. He shared quite a few memories with me including his visit to Sky Room and Amber restaurant. 
He told me that after coming to Kolkata it was the first time he was visiting any restaurant and having a meal. The only other place he had been to was Kwality at Park Street, where he was a regular 30 years ago. He told me there was no way he could go to Amber again because of acute car parking problem and I told him that now there is a home delivery outlet of Amber near Park Street as well. 
He also shared his memories with me about his visit to the Pink City to where I am flying tomorrow morning. 
Today evening I shall attend the Somerfest” concert at the Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany hosted by Rainer Schmiedchen, Consul General and Dr Annette Schmiedchen. 
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts