Meetings with Sushma ji and Tripathi ji

14 August, 2014: I arrived Kolkata from Delhi last night. I had planned to take the afternoon flight to Jaipur yesterday to attend an event at the Hotel Mariott in which Prabha Khaitan Foundation was associated, stay the night over, and take the morning Jaipur-Kolkata flight today.
But things did not turn out to be that way as I got delayed at the Parliament and since I had an appointment at the Raj Bhawan in Kolkata today noon with the new Governor, I decided to cancel my Delhi-Jaipur flight and instead took the evening flight to Kolkata.
Today afternoon I went to the Raj Bhawan and had a good meeting with the Hon'ble Governor of West Bengal, Shri Keshari Nath Tripathi, who is a very soft spoken poet and was not new to my mother’s work in Hindi literature. He also kindly agreed to attend a couple of the functions proposed by me in September apart from a meal at my residence.
With External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj
Yesterday, in Delhi, I went to the Parliament to meet Sushma Swaraj, the Hon’ble Minister for External Affairs. On being informed that I was already in her office, it was very nice of her to come from the lower House and spent about an hour with me and then she had to leave for the voting of the Deputy Speaker which had started.
I discussed with her various international issues including WFUNA, upcoming meetings in Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) in Cameroon and other international affairs. She asked me to meet her again in September.
Today evening I will go to the South City Mall for the premier of Buno Haansh my friend Tony’s new film.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts