Rain-sloshed Jaipur

10 August, 2014: Last two days I was in Jaipur immersed in work. I took the morning flight to Jaipur from Kolkata on 8 August and attended a meeting with FICCI Flo regarding an event slated for 20 August which Prabha Khaitan Foundation is presenting in memory of Lakshmi Kumari Chundawat. Post lunch, I had two more meetings regarding Saturday events.
Because of my pre-scheduled meetings I could not attend the oath taking ceremony of Shri Ram Naik, Governor of UP, who assumed additional charge as the Governor of Rajasthan. 
Rajasthan Forum meeting
It was raining cats and dogs in Jaipur and by the time I got up on Saturday I was sure that we'd have to cancel the scheduled Rajasthan Forum meeting. 
But to my utter surprise, all the members who had confirmed came to attend the meeting. 
Felicitating Commonwealth Gold Medalist, Apurvi Chandela
After the meeting there was a felicitation lunch for Apurvi Chandela who won a gold medal at the Commonwealth Games 2014 in Glasgow.
After the lunch got over, around 4pm, the launch of Dr Kalyan Ray's book No Country took place at the ITC Rajputana
With Kalyan Ray and Aparna Sen
In the evening I went to another private dinner which was hosted for Aparna Sen and Dr Kalyan Ray.
On Friday night, I myself also hosted a dinner for Dr Kalyan Ray and Aparna Sen which was very well attended.
After a couple of hours, I shall fly to Delhi. As of now the whole of Jaipur seems to be flooded, but thank God this Air India flight was on time.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts