Gearing up for the Puja events

September 19, 2014: The past three or four days I was very busy in office preparing for the Dhak Mahotsav which is scheduled for Sunday, September 21, 2014 at 4 PM. Besides the Governor of West Bengal many other prominent personalities from various walks of life have agreed to be present. In fact, year after year the expectations bar of Chaltabagan is being raised on its own as a result I also have to concentrate more on arranging the logistics.
On Tuesday afternoon I met Arthur Gerbst and Olga from the Russian Consulate as they would be leaving Kolkata. I could not attend their farewell party so I met them over a meal. Arthur informed me that after spending time in Russia he will be joining the Russian Commission in Delhi.
In fact, apart from Arthur and Olga, the tenure of the Abida Islam, Deputy High Commissioner of Bangladesh in Kolkata has also come to an end. She too is going back to Dhaka. I always had a very good relation with the Bangladesh Deputy High Commission in Kolkata and the relationship grew stronger during Abida’s tenure in Kolkata.
Due to the Dhak Mahotsav preparations, I missed two events which I was keen to attend - Sahityotsav at Marble Hall, Raj Bhavan, Kolkata by Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre (EZCC), Ministry of Culture, Government of India. As far as my memory serves me this is the first time Raj Bhavan has hosted a Hindi poetry session. My friend Dona Ganguly also performed there after the poetry session. I also missed the release of Soumitra Chatterjee’s music album at Starmark.
I hosted a small dinner party at home on Thursday night and attended a meeting of the People Welfare Society today at 4 pm.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts