Be Indian, wear Indian

October 19, Sunday, Jaipur: I landed in Jaipur today. After the Durga Puja, Kolkata is gearing up for Diwali and the get togethers that follow. Yesterday night I was at a private party at the Middleton Street and met members from the city's diplomatic core and other eminent persons.
On Friday, I read in The Telegraph about ace fashion designer Sabyasachi's Friday dressing initiative “Be Indian Wear Indian” in workplace or office. The designer has requested his team, who mostly wear western dress, to wear India dress on Fridays and express a sense of nationalism. I liked this idea of his very much and spoke to Sabyasachi over phone at length. I discussed with him how to carry forward and spread this initiative.
I myself always wear Indian dress and I do so for all events and functions that I attend. Only when I am on tour abroad and where there is a request for formal dressing, I wear a Indian Jodhpuri gala suit. Jacket and ties I rarely wear and when I do, such days can be counted on fingers and wouldn't be more than five times in five years.
In Jaipur, I have quite a few things lined up for today, tomorrow and beyond. This year I shall not be present in Kolkata during Diwali and Kali Puja.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts