Rains and the Chaltabagan puja events


October 1, 2014: Monday evening I went to a private residence at Gurusaday Road for dinner. It was mostly a diplomatic affair. I also attended a private function at the Royal Calcutta Golf Club.
With Anand Sahai, Tanusree Shankar and a Senior Citizen at Chaltabagan Puja
Today morning, at the Manicktalla Chaltabagan Durga Puja, Vodafone had their annual programme for the senior citizens and felicitated them as well. National Award winner danseuse Tanusree Shankar was the Chief Guest who felicitated the senior citizens. Though the event was delayed due to rains, but everybody very happy and content given the noble nature of the event.
With one of the Senior Citizens
The rains is playing spoilsport to a number of functions during this Puja and I hope it won’t hamper today's visit of the Lady Governor, Smt Sudha Tripathi, along with the Governor of West Bengal and other family members at the Chaltabagan Puja pandal.
In fact, as I write this blog, it is raining heavily. Last week, the rains had forced me to shift dhak mahotsav to a separate venue. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts