A big day with Government bigwigs


December 8, 2014, New Delhi: The weather, which is usually biting cold at this time of the year, is actually still very pleasant in Delhi and is the talking point every where.
On Sunday, I had a luncheon meeting with a diplomat at La Piazza, the popular Italian joint at Hyatt Regency. This restaurant, which is famous for its Sunday brunch, was full to its capacity. Our next table was occupied by Rahul and Sonia Gandhi and a couple of other people whom I couldn't recognize.
On Saturday morning I visited the residence of External Affairs Minister, Smt Sushma Swaraj, at Safdarjung Lane. I also met Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley, by chance at the India International Centre (ICC) lounge.
On Saturday evening I went to attend a function at the Chattarpur farm area. Thanks to the highest weddings day of the season, it took me three hours to get back to Hyatt. Three wedding functions were on.
With Dr Harsh Vardhan and Pravesh Khanna
Today I met Dr Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences, at his office at the Anusandhan Bhawan. He was given the new portfolio by the Prime Minister in the last cabinet reshuffle.
Anusandhan Bhawan never had any minister's office in recent past as this department was with the Prime Minister himself. But now, with a full Cabinet Minister like Dr Harsh Vardhan, it is seems this government is giving due importance to this department.
Dr Harsh Vardhan had won the Director-General's Polio Eradication Champion Award Commendation Medal by the World Health Organization in 1998. He has been involved in many United Nations-related issues as well. He promised to involve himself in World Federation of United Nations Association (WFUNA) Foundation's future activities
Tomorrow I have an appointment with Uma Bharti in the evening. But it looks like I have to fly back to Kolkata. I'll then meet her in my next visit to the capital.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts