In Ahmedabad


January 6, 2015, Ahmedabad: I arrived in Ahmedabad from Kolkata by flight about three hours ago almost after twenty years. Years ago, while doing my business training, I had then come to Ahmedabad and Vadodara for few meetings and see some industries. I had also visited Surat for a day to attend a meeting.
Since last so many years I have been hearing about the growth and development in Gujarat under the Modi regime.
This time I am here to participate in the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) 2015, thanks to the Ministry of External Affairs for inviting me. This has given me the opportunity to visit this city and I shall be here for four nights. Tomorrow is the Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas for the Youth and from January 8 till 13 the main event will take place. Earlier, I had attended the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in Mumbai, Delhi and Jaipur. I was actively involved with the event in Jaipur.
Although PBD has been celebrated every year since 2003 in memory of Gandhi ji's arrival in India from South Africa on January 9, 1915. This year being the centenary year, the event will lay emphasis on this aspect. Expectations are high this time.
After Prime Minister Modi's successful visits abroad and the active role played by the Indian diaspora or the Pravasi Indian community, from the United States to Australia, to welcome him, will now get an opportunity to visit the PBD at Gandhinagar.
Giving award to ITC Sonar's Dum Pukht for best North Indian fine dining cuisine along with Shrikant Mohta and Mahendra Soni
Back home, yesterday I attended the launch of Calcutta Times Food Guide & Award function. I also gave away the award in the North Indian cuisine category.
It was indeed a good show and every year the quality of the event moves up a notch. One man who was congratulated by us was Mir, the popular anchor, for his excellent performance.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts