In Jaipur for Rajasthan Diwas, Youth Conference and the Write Circle

March 30, 2015, Jaipur: I am in Jaipur and today is the Rajasthan Diwas. I arrived here on March 28 and have been very occupied since then.
Based in Delhi, his first story was 57 Saal Purana Admi.
With Surendra Mohan Pathak at the Write Circle
On March 29, 2015, I did a conversation with the author Surendra Mohan Pathak who is one of the bestselling Hindi fiction writers
A prolific writer, he is the creator of the very successful Sunil series and Vimal series. With two hundred and ninety-one books to his credit, he has mastered the genre of pulp fiction in Hindi. His latest novel, Goa Galata, is the eighth book of the Jeet Singh series.
It is the first time in Write Circle that a Hindi novelist has been invited and also a first time for me to engage the honoured guest author in a conversation in Jaipur
The response from the audience and media for the Hindi author made me think that I must start another series for Hindi authors on the lines of Author’s Afternoon and the Write Circle.
With the delegates and guests
In fact, I am already in touch with few people in Raipur, Patna and Ahmedabad to initiate a similar series for regional authors titled “KALAM”. 
Addressing the youth
Let us see when and how it matures.
On the evening of March 29, I inaugurated the 4th WFUNA International Youth Seminar at the Jayshree Periwal International School.
The first three International Youth Seminars were held in Buenos Aires (Argentina), Oslo (Norway) and New York (USA).
With Rajendra Singh Rathore
I was happy that my efforts to bring the 4th WFUNA International Youth Seminar to India had matured and that too in Jaipur. At the inauguration, I met the State Cabinet Minister, Mr Rajendra Singh Rathore, whom I have known for years. 
As I have stopped interacting much with politicians over the last few years, I have not met him since he became the Minister in the current Government. 
With Rajendra Rathore, Jayshree
Periwal and Kiran Mehra Kerpelmen
The students from Jayshree Periwal’s school put up an excellent cultural performance during the inaugural session and I am sure this five-day conference will be a very successful one. 
I must especially thank, Pablo Angulo-Troconis, Youth Programme Consultant from WFUNA office and Aakriti Mittal who has really worked hard to make this conference possible. 
I very much appreciate her organized way of working and I enjoyed working with her.
Group picture post inauguration
Today afternoon, under the banner of the recently formed WFUNA Foundation in India, a student delegation, alongwith UNIC and WFUNA delegation, will visit Raj Bhavan for a cup of tea with Shri Kalyan Singh ji, Governor of Rajasthan, for an informal interaction.
ess bee

Comments

Popular Posts